Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting your logo as a PNG graphic, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- Now that our nicely shaded device independent…logo is complete, let's say we want to hand it…off to a colleague or a web designer or even the client.…Well, we could give them the native AI file,…the very thing that I'm looking at.…You need Illustrator to edit this document,…but you can open it in Acrobat as I have done here…or in the free Adobe reader,…which you can download from Adobe.com,…or in Preview on the Mac,…or inside any other program that supports PDF.…But let's say you're looking for…absolute, maximum compatibility.…You want to create a file that can be displayed…on anything, any platform out there.…
Then your best bet is to export the logo.…Not as an EPS file, the days of EPS are over.…But rather, as a PNG file.…Now, PNG is a pixel based format…so you don't want to use it for print,…but it's great for screen graphics.…And here's how it works.…First of all, make sure that you've saved…any changes to your document.…Then, go ahead and choose Save for Web…which allows you to preview your…PNG image as you create it.…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.