Learn about using the asset export panel.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'll be showing you…how to quickly export out your icon artwork…into individual separate files…to make usability and distribution…of your final designs easier.…This involves the use of a new feature…called the Asset Export Panel.…So let me show you how this works.…I was tasked to create an icon set…for an RPG game called Realm.…And this is where everything starts for me, in analog.…
I drew it out.…Some of them are symmetric.…And then I just simply built it with strokes,…adjusted the width, and then that led…to the final artwork here.…I really love the simplified color palette…and the open airiness of the style itself.…I think these are going to work great for this project.…Now when it came time to deliver the assets to the client,…it's always a struggle when you're working…with a lot of different art, to copy paste it into Photoshop…to create certain kinds of formats that they can use…for PNG for example.…
But with this new feature in CC 2017 Illustrator,…it's relatively easy, and that's what I want to show you now.…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.