Learn how to export single assets.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…I showed you how you can now drag…a collection of items in by just pulling them across,…even if they are separated out on…to separate layers, as this is here.…I also at the end created a group of objects…to bring them in and that moved one of the items…off of its own layer,…so I'm just going to undo that,…to restore it back to where it was.…So now the A is separate from the sleeve design,…as I've called it, and separate from…the hexagon behind it and indeed the border.…
So to bring things in when you want them…to be individual or grouped assets,…you can simply select them.…It doesn't matter if they're…on the same or different layer,…so I've got both things here selected.…All I need to do is when I drag them into the panel,…is hold down the alt or option key…and that changes the instruction…to divide them up into individual assets here…and brings them in as one single asset.…So there are lots of options…and it saves you time from unnecessarily…creating groups or creating additional artwork…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.