Learn about using the Asset Export panel.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…we're going to export out all the various sizes…for your intended use,…be it desktop, or mobile platform.…We'll be revisiting the Access Export panel…to create all the pixel precise assets…that make up a working desktop icon.…So let's get started.…Now, I should point out that…you need CC 2017,…a Creative Cloud subscription,…to access this new feature.…We're going to go to Window,…we'll go to Asset Export,…and we'll bring it up and this is what it looks like.…
But it's only available…in the latest version of Illustrator.…So if you're using anything before CC 2017…version of Illustrator,…I'm sorry but you're not…going to be able to use this feature.…You're going to have to build it from scratch,…just exporting out your artwork…from Illustrator and saving it as a .png in that fashion.…It's not as easy, but it's doable.…So everything else in the course will apply,…but this specific feature is limited…for only those who have…the latest version of Creative Cloud.…
So I need to point that out.…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.