Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting a PDF for your client, part of Illustrator for Web Design: Aesthetics.
- Like it or not PDF proofs are still probably…the quickest and easiest way to get approval of a design.…So, sending out a PDF is something that…you need to know how to do and optimizing it…is something that you ought to do in order…to save your client the frustration of…a large download from their email attachments.…So, I'm gonna go ahead and show you how to…quickly export a PDF from Illustrator.…Go to the File menu and then you're…gonna go down to Save As.…Once you go down to Save As you're just gonna go,…and I'm just gonna put this on my desktop for now.…Choose PDF from the Format drop-down and click Save.…
And then what we're gonna do in the PDF preset here,…we're gonna drop this down and we're…gonna select Smallest File Size.…Chances are the client just wants to…see spatial relationships, color combinations…and all that, they don't need a highly detailed…design that they can zoom in and zoom out on.…They just want a general representation…of what this is gonna look like on the Web.…And since this is gonna be optimized for the Web…
- Finding color inspiration
- Applying color
- Choosing the right typeface
- Using character and paragraph styles
- Optimizing graphics in Photoshop
- Placing photos and vector artwork in Illustrator
- Creating buttons and other UI elements
- Organizing and sharing your project
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley5h 27m Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design: Core Conceptswith Justin Seeley1h 33m Intermediate
1. Working with Color
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Creating UI Elements
5. Last Steps
Taking the next step1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.