Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring type treatments, part of Designing a Logo.
In this chapter we are going to take a look at exploring common type treatments…and how they can apply to our logo. Some of these type treatments may not be…appropriate for the kind of logo that you are doing and for the kind of logo that I'm doing. …But they are interesting nonetheless. So we will be taking a…look at these following different approaches: using transparency, using…outlined type, putting type around a circle, using the company initials to…create a monogram and warping type.…
Let's begin with transparency.…
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring transparency, warped type, and other treatments
- Working with line, shape, and imagery in a logo symbol
- Considering current trends in logo design
- Fine-tuning a design after client selection
- Drawing up usage guidelines
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing a Logo for a Media Companywith Nigel French53m 51s Intermediate
1. Defining the Parameters of the Job
2. Type-Only Logos
3. Type Treatments
4. Designing a Logo Symbol
5. Selecting and Preparing the Finished Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.