Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the panels, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
After you have created a new document inside of Illustrator or if you've opened…up a piece of artwork for the first time, you might be a little lost as to…where exactly you go next.…Well I already covered the Tools panel in the previous movie,…but now I am going to walk you through some of the other panels inside of…Illustrator, over here on the right-hand side, to give you a better idea of how to…find the tools you need while you're working inside of Illustrator.…Now the panel system itself is actually pretty cool.…You can work with panels in a lot of different ways and I am going to show you…how to do that first.…When you first see the panels inside of Illustrator, they will be collapsed in…what's called Icon Form over here on the right.…
Hovering over the icons will show you exactly what panel you are hovering over,…like Color, Color Guide, Swatches, Brushes and Symbols.…Anytime you hover over a panel it automatically shows you in a tooltip the name…of the panel that you're hovering over.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.