Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the panel system, part of Illustrator CS6 New Features.
- View Offline
The final UI enhancement that was made to Illustrator CS6 applies to the Panel system.…Previously, the panel systems in Adobe Illustrator lacked the ability to do…things like in-line text editing or keyboard navigation.…Well, in CS6, that's all been corrected.…As a part of their modernization efforts for this release, Adobe has ported all…of the panels in Illustrator over to a completely new system which allows for…better navigation, and ease of use when you're doing things like renaming…layers, actions, or even variables.…Let's take a look at the Layers panel as an example.…
So I have got the Layers panel undocked and out here on my Document window.…As you'll notice, I have a lot of artwork inside of this document and none of it…is really named in the Layers panel.…I have things like Paths, and Groups and stuff like that, but none of it is…easily identifiable.…In previous versions of Illustrator, if I wanted to make a change to the name of…a Path or a Group, I would have to double-click the name, a modal box would…
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur