Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring digital tools, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- The final result from our analog drawing…will be a refined sketch that'll serve as a road map…for building our vector art.…So the execution of illustrative design…requires the use of a vector drawing program.…These fundamentals apply to any…vector drawing program in general,…whether that's CorelDRAW,…or even an open source application like Inkscape.…But for this course, we're going to specifically focus…on Adobe Illustrator, since it's the industry standard.…
It doesn't matter if you're using an old version…or the most recent version of Illustrator,…since the same methodology will work for all of them.…In a nutshell, vector artwork is made up…of anchor points and paths that form…what are called Bézier curves.…When it comes to creating and editing these Bézier curves,…Illustrator contains all the tools you'll need…to build your vector design.…So obviously, how well you control…the Bézier curves in Illustrator will ultimately determine…the craftsmanship and quality of your final design.…
There are 11 core tools needed to create…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 48m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 2s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.