Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring advanced tracing options, part of Illustrator CS6 New Features.
- View Offline
The Image Trace presets can only take you so far.…So it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with all of the options that the…Image Trace panel has to offer in order to maximize the effectiveness of your tracing.…In this movie, we'll explore the advanced options of the Image Trace and how they…can help you refine your artwork.…First off, we need to expand the Advanced options here inside the Image Trace panel.…So look for the small area labeled Advanced, and click the tiny triangle next to it.…Once you do that, it should expand out the Advanced options, and as you can see…there are quite a few.…
Let's start at the top and work our way down.…The first option is the Paths feature, which allows you to determine the…detail of your artwork.…Dragging the slider to the left allows your tracing to be somewhat loose in…terms of adhering to the original shapes of the bitmapped image.…Whereas, dragging the slider to the right, tightens up the artwork and makes it…follow the contours of the original a little more closely.…
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur