Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring additional Pathfinder options, part of Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
So we've learned a lot about Pathfinder inside of this chapter and before we…move on to the next chapter, I just want to go over a few additional options…that are available when using the Pathfinder commands.…If you take a look at the Pathfinder panel itself, and you go to the…fly-out menu of the Pathfinder panel, you'll see an option here called…Pathfinder Options.…If you choose that, a dialog box opens up offering you some additional settings…for how the Pathfinder functions will behave.…The first setting here is something called Precision.…
Now, this is something that's important if you are dealing with work that you…want to make sure that everything kind of stays exactly the same.…Let me explain a little bit what I mean by that.…Sometimes because Illustrator needs to perform math and it's combining multiple…objects into newer objects, sometimes parts of those paths or curves may adjust…just a little bit, and you may find that when you apply a Pathfinder command,…your nice path actually shifts over just a little bit, and if you want to avoid…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparencywith Mordy Golding2h 50m Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.