Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Transparency Flattener options, part of Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparency.
Okay, so we know that during flattening, Illustrator has two levels that you can…kind of say of rasterization.…There are times when Illustrator is forced to rasterize things, because it…simply has no choice and then there are times where Illustrator can rasterize…things at will based on their complexity.…So, if Illustrator finds these complex regions or areas that it has defined as…being too complex or time-consuming to print, Illustrator may rasterize those…areas to enhance print performance.…
Now, in the case of the first set of rasterization where Illustrator has no…option but to rasterize something in order to preserve the appearance, we really…have no say in that matter.…Remember the rule of flattening is that I have to get rid of the…transparency, but I can't get rid of the transparency at the cost of changing…the appearance of my artwork.…So in those cases, if I have to rasterize something, that's just the way that it is.…It's almost the same thing as if I were to actually have to bring it into…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.