Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Layers panel, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
When it comes to dealing with complicated artwork, Illustrator has a great…system for helping you keep yourself organized.…This is called the Layers panel, and in this movie, we will be exploring it in its entirety.…The Layers panel is actually located in the bottom right-hand corner of your…screen, and you can undock that by clicking, and dragging it out.…Once it's out, you'll see all of the layers that are in this particular document.…I've got things like Photo, Logo, Buttons, and Background.…When you first open up a piece of artwork inside of Illustrator, especially if…it comes from someone else, my recommendation is to immediately open the Layers…panel, and start to look around.…
The Layers panel is a great roadmap for your document to let you know exactly…where everything goes, and how it's put together.…Let's take a look at all of the components of the Layers panel.…Over here on the left, you have something called the visibility toggle.…This is a little toggle switch that allows you to turn layers on and off.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.