Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Explaining attribute stacking order, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you're working with the Appearance panel, you have to be aware of the…stacking order of the object's attributes that are working on.…In this movie, I'll be exploring the stacking order of attributes, and how you can…utilize those to change the look and feel of the artwork that you are creating.…I'm going to bring up the Appearance panel, again and I'll dock it right here.…And inside on the Appearance panel, remember, we have the ability to see all of…the different attributes associated for any given object that we have selected on our screen.…You'll also notice that they are stacked on top of each other.…This works the same way that layers work in Photoshop or Illustrator.…
The objects towards the bottom of the stacking order will appear behind things…at the top of the stacking order.…So for instance, if I were to select this button down here -- and I'll zoom in on…it, so you can see it --…I can select this button, and you'll notice in the Appearance panel that I have…a Stroke, and a Fill.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.