The exercise files contain creative resources you can use in your own projects, and you can deconstruct the source art files and learn more about how everything is set up and composed in Illustrator.
- [Voiceover] All of the source art and methods I go over in this course are provided in the exercise files and are organized by chapter folder. Make sure to access and deconstruct these files to you can become better equipped to produce your own unique vector brushes. You can go to the appropriate chapter folder and access all the examples I use in the movies. I've also included a free set of vector brushes and I've also included a surface texture set so you can make that authentic look by dropping in your own texture on whatever you create.
Note that if you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set top device or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files that's okay. You can still follow along by watching how I use the files or by using your own files.
Graphic designer Von Glitschka appreciates the endless brush stroke freedom that real-world brushes offer, and he knows how to replicate this offering in the digital world. In this course, he shows how to create your own custom, handmade brush strokes and import them into Adobe Illustrator. Von demonstrates how to compile and use custom brush strokes to achieve both a hand-painted aesthetic and a personal touch. Whether you're a painter, a designer, or just a fan of Illustrator, this course offers instructions on how to expand your use of Illustrator.
- Painting real brush strokes
- Transforming real brush strokes into digital brush strokes
- Importing brush strokes
- Creating bitmap surface textures
- Modifying vectors
- Compiling patterns, shapes, and strokes
- Working with layers and blend modes
- Using vector brushes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating an Authentic Look
2. Using Vector Brushes
3. Vector Painting Process
4. Deconstructing Complex Vector Paintings
5. Using Adobe Capture
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.