Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Drawing Vector Graphics (2012).
- During this course, we'll be exploring the process of drawing out your creative ideas, refining your drawn designs, then building them precisely in Vector form. All of the build methods I go over in this course are provided in the Exercise Files and are organized by chapter folder. So make sure to access and deconstruct these files so you can become better equipped to produce your own Vector artwork.
You can go to the appropriate chapter folder and access all the examples I use in the movies. I've also included bonus examples of artwork such as my Take And Make Art book that you can check out, but I've also provided additional, extra content not showcased in any of the videos such as a free sample chapter from my book, Vector Basic Training, the second edition. You'll be able to read through this and this will give you additional insight and information to improve your Vector building skills, as well.
All of these resources found in the Exercise Files are going to enable you and help you to improve your core abilities. So let's get started.
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 48m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 2s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.