Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing a few custom guides, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- In this movie, we're gonna draw…a series of custom guides inside of Illustrator.…Every one of which is a rectangle as you can see here.…We're gonna draw them in a slightly different order however.…The order that we're seeing them created here…inside the diagram is useful for diagramming purposes…but not quite the best for drawing purposes.…And these guides, by the way, are gonna help us…locate other elements of the rocket…as well, as draw that custom path outline…with the pen tool.…
All right, I'm gonna switch over to Illustrator once again…and of course, we're seeing our document in progress.…And then I'm gonna go ahead and scroll down…and I'm gonna click on the guides layer…to make it active so that we're isolating…these new guides from the shapes themselves.…Now, I'm gonna return to my rectangle tool,…which has a keyboard shortcut of M…after the rectangular marquee tool…that's available to us in Photoshop.…Now go ahead and click on the bottom left anchor point…that's associated with the existing rectangle…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.