Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Embedding images into Illustrator, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you're dealing with linked artwork inside of Illustrator, it can be somewhat of…a pain to kind of corral all those links when you are sending that out to a…printer, or even sharing it with a coworker.…In this movie, I am going to show you how to make sure that all of your linked…files stay within your Illustrator document by embedding them directly into the file.…There are couples of things you need to be aware of when this happens.…Number one, it's no longer linked to the original file, meaning that you lose…that constant connection that it has.…So if you were to update this file outside of Illustrator, it's not going to…change inside of Illustrator.…
But it also helps in the fact that if you were to move this file somewhere else…on your hard drive, it doesn't affect the Illustrator document, because this…file is not embedded inside of the Illustrator file, and has no connection to the previous file.…There are cases where you would use embedding, and where you use linking; it just…depends on how you're using the file.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.