Learn how to draw the front view of a pair of trousers.
- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to'…draw a pair of trousers.…So let's start by opening our start file,…just like we've been doing.…You'll notice that the start file in this folder…is called Start 001, and that's because…I went ahead and re-saved the start file.…We had added a few things to it in a previous video,…like no fill, and adjusting the default,…and even our little button symbol.…So I went ahead and re-saved the file…with all of those things in it.…Alright, let's start on a pair of pants.…Let's move this up a little bit.…
I'll grab my zoom tool and zoom in a little.…So just like everything else we've been doing,…pants start with the pen tool.…You have a choice of the high waisted pair,…or a little more kind of natural, comfortable waist.…I'm going to' start there,…so that's our first click, and our next click is the pants.…And you'll notice this layer happens…to be green colored layer.…I personally, hate this color.…So, I am going to' show you how to change it.…If you double click on the layer,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.