Learn how to draw the back view of a pair of trousers.
- [Narrator] Before we start the back of the pants,…I just noticed I left out a detail.…So we need to fix that.…I've got the J stitch here,…indicating a zipper,…but I didn't leave you any way to open the waist band…to get into the pants.…So we're going to grab the pen tool…and we're going to go ahead and draw a path…that goes straight down from here to here…so that you can open up your pants and wear them.…Alright, so now we're going to group everything together,…and we can work on the back view of the pants.…
We're going to hold the Option or Alt key…and drag these out of the way,…and now we can start on the back.…We're going to double click to go into isolation mode…and we're going to delete the elements we don't need.…Except what happened?…Because I put this on after I had already grouped the pants,…when I went into isolation mode,…it took me one step down…meaning I can access that but the rest of the pants,…the rest of the flat, are still grouped.…So we're going to delete that…and now we can double click again…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.