Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing straight lines, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
When using the Pen tool inside of Illustrator, you have the ability to draw both…curved and straight lines.…In this movie, I'll walk you through creating basic shapes with straight…lines using the Pen tool.…I'm going to create a new document by pressing Control+N or Command+N on my keyboard.…Once that pops up, I'll just go ahead and commit to the defaults, and get my new document.…Then I'll switch to the Pen tool by pressing the letter P on my keyboard.…Once I've got the Pen tool, I'm now able to start making paths.…In order to start drawing with the Pen tool, you have to click.…
Clicking once set your first anchor point.…When you make another click, the Pen tool automatically draws a straight line…between those two points.…When I make another click, it continues to draw that straight line.…Let me draw a completely closed path here to show you exactly how this works.…I'll click right here to create another anchor point.…Then I'll bring my cursor up the original anchor point.…When you get back to the original anchor point that you started with, you should…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.