Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing simple curves, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
I think one of the most feared things about the Pen tool is drawing curves,…but it's not exactly as hard as people make it out to be.…In this movie, I'll explore drawing some simple curves inside of Illustrator,…and hopefully it'll help ease your mind on using this tool.…I'm going to go into the File menu and choose New to create a new blank document,…and I'll just commit to the defaults.…Once I do that, I'll switch to the Pen tool by pressing the letter P on my keyboard.…We've already seen how to draw straight lines.…You just click, and click to draw a point.…But what if I wanted to make that line a curve?…Well let's undo that with Command+Z or Control +Z, and let's see how we can draw a curve.…
I'm going to click to set one point, and then I'll click to set a second point,…but when I click to set that second point, I'm going to keep my mouse held…down, and I'm going to start dragging it one direction or another; either up, down, or sideways.…Once I do that, you'll start to see the line curve.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.