Learn how to work with the shape tools and modifier keys.
- [Tutor] In this movie I'm going to show you…how to use the Shape tools to draw basic shapes.…You'll find the Shape tool over in the Tool bar,…and the default shape should be the rectangle on top.…If you click and hold,…drag your cursor over to the tear-off and release,…and we can move the tools over here…to make it easier to access them.…The first tool's the Rectangle tool.…Click and drag on your keyboard to draw a rectangle…and you can draw in any direction:…left to right, right to left,…top to bottom, bottom to top.…If you want to draw a perfect square,…hold the Shift key, click and drag,…and you'll get a perfect square.…
So let's select all these and delete them.…We're going to grab the black arrow,…drag to select, and hit Delete on the keyboard,…and let's move on to the Ellipse tool.…It works the same way as the Rectangle tool.…We can click and drag to create an ellipse,…and again we can drag and click in any direction,…and we can make any shape ellipse.…If we want to draw a perfect circle,…you can hold the Shift key, click and drag,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.