Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing a mouth, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, I'm going to show you how to draw the mouth.…Now just like drawing the eyes, it's a lot easier if you place an image as a…template first, and then you don't have to struggle with the shape.…I'll zoom in and we're going to change the colors back to default, but I'm going get rid of the fill.…We don't need the fill for this.…We'll start with the Pen tool, and here's how I like to draw the mouth.…I start in the center and click and drag a little bit to the right, so that I…end up with a little bit of a curve there instead of a sharp point.…
Click just above the upper point and drag to shape that and then you can click…straight to the corner of the mouth.…And now, I'm going to click in the center-bottom and drag until I get the curve that I want.…That's it. Now I can select it and reflect it, make a copy, select both halves and join, join.…So there's the mouth shape.…Now before I color it in, I'm going to draw some of the other parts in the mouth.…
And I think we'll take this and just nudge it over a tiny bit.…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.