Learn how to draw the lapel of a blazer with stitches.
- [Instructor] Let's get started on the blazer.…As always, we are going to open our start file.…And the one thing we need to do also…is reset the round as our default,…so to do that we're going to hold on…to the round graphic style,…hold down the option key,…and drag it on top of the default…and that will change the default…so now when we use it,…we'll get round corners.…And we could test that out by either drawing a shape.…I hate when this opens.…Or we can just look at the stroke file,…set it back to butt caps,…and minor corners,…and if I hit D on my keyboard…it should jump back to the round ones…which it does.…
So we are set and good to go.…Before we start drawing,…it's really important to create some guidelines…and that's why I showed you the diagram…in the previous video.…So let's go ahead and do that.…We need to drag out a guide and place it…where we want the break point to be.…And I'm going to do it about here.…This is something that's flexible…from blazer to blazer,…as the designer you would make this decision.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.