Learn how to draw the front placket and use align and distribute to add buttons.
- [Instructor] Before we move on to the placket,…I want to show you how align and distribute work.…You can find the align panel by going up to…window in the drop down menu,…and clicking on align.…And it looks like this.…The top row are align commands…and the bottom row are distribute's.…We're going to select all the objects…that we want to align,…and then I'm going to click on align center…and you can see they all jump to center.…If I click on distribute just beneath it,…they will evenly distribute themselves between…the top and bottom object.…
This is really handy for doing buttons,…and it's certainly easier than hand drawing them…and trying to keep them evenly spaced.…So, let's back up a little bit…and show you one other thing,…what if I wanted these squares to align…to the red square, rather than jump to…the center of the whole group?…Well, then I have to define the red square…as a key object.…Let me go back to the black arrow,…I'm going to select all of them…and then I'm going to click once on the red square.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.