Learn how to draw a flared skirt from a scanned sketch.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…we are going to go ahead and create a flared skirt,…and as always we're going to use our Start File.…Let's open that up.…Now, for a skirt, we need a little more here…than just the Start File.…We need to add a guide for the sweep of the skirt.…We're going to do that using the ellipse tool.…And we want to draw from the center out…to make sure that we're symmetrical,…so I'm going to go ahead and hold the Option or Alt key…and draw out so that my ellipse is symmetrical,…and then I can pull it up or down to make the curve…or what's going to be our little smile there…as deep as I want it.…
And if it doesn't hit in the right place,…you can always use your arrow key…to move it up or down on your screen.…We don't need this top part here,…so I'm going to select it and hit Delete on my keyboard.…We don't want a fill on this, so I'm going to remove the fill.…And I'd like the stroke to be red, so we'll do that.…And lastly, one point's a little wide for this.…I like it to be .25.…And you'll notice up here in the control panel,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.