Learn how to draw curved two-piece sleeves for a blazer.
- [Instructor] All right, let's add the sleeves.…The sleeves for our blazer…are going to be a little bit different…than the sleeves for the button down shirt we did…and that's because the arm holes…are curved outward instead of inward.…So, what we're going to do is start with the wide arrow…and select the arm hole.…We're going to copy it Command + C.…We're going to paste in back Command + B.…And then with the pen tool,…we're going to make sure to click on this corner anchor point…and you can see I'm getting a new line point there…instead of a forward slash, meaning I'm connecting it.…
So, to make sure we're clicking in the right place,…let's go ahead and isolate this path.…And now if I click on it,…you can see I got the forward slash…so we're going to continue and draw the sleeve.…You can just follow the template and close.…And then we can right click and exit isolation mode.…I want to put stitches on the bottom of the sleeve…so let's go ahead and do that.…I'm going to zoom in…and with the pen tool,…I'm just going to go ahead and draw them,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.