Learn how to draw a button-down collar and use the offset filter to add stitches.
- [Instructor] So now that we've done a polo shirt…we're going to take it a little further…and do a button down shirt.…And this is going to include align and distribute…to organize the buttons.…We're going to talk a little bit about symbols,…and we're going to add stitches to the collar.…So let's start by opening our Start File.…There it is, click Open,…and everything should be set up the way we want it.…The reason that my workspace is set…and I don't have to go and open Fashion Space again…is because I've been working on the computer…and that's where I left off,…so it just kept the same workspace,…so that's nice.…
You only have to reset your workspace…the first time you open your computer.…Alright.…For the button down shirt,…I like to start with the collar…just like with the polo shirt,…so let's go ahead and do that.…Going to grab the pen tool,…and we are going to start, for this collar,…a little bit below the neckline.…We're going to go up,…we're going to click on the shoulder,…we're going to click the collar point and close.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.