Learn how to draw the front of the blazer.
- [Instructor] Alright, now that we've completed the lapel,…let's move on to the front of the blazer.…We're going to grab the pen tool,…and we're going to start in the same place,…on the break point.…We're going to click on the break point,…we're going to click up here,…and notice what happened.…It connected to the stitches,…and it turned this whole line into stitches.…I don't want that to happen,…so I'm going to undo, Command + Z,…and undo one more time, I think,…get rid of that point.…Let's go and lock the layer that the lapel is in…so it doesn't get in our way again.…
I'm going to make a new layer,…and I want to drag this new layer…beneath the lapel layer,…where it really should be, because we're going to draw…the front of the jacket now,…and it should be underneath the lapel.…So, make sure we have the pen tool, and let's do this again.…We're going to start at the break point,…we're going to go up just sort of one click below the collar,…shoulder,…this time, when we click under the arm,…we want to go a little further under the arm.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.