Learn how to draw the back of a blazer.
- [Instructor] Before we move on to the back,…let's go ahead and group the buttons together,…and remember, if you're using symbols you don't…have the option of right-click grouping,…so we'll have to command or control G to group,…and I want to show you a little sleeve trick.…When we lay this out on the line sheet,…the sleeve's standing out so far…sometimes take up a lot of space,…so, we can actually rotate them.…I'm going to select the sleeve,…click R for rotate, click once on the shoulder…to make it my pivot point,…and just rotate the arm in a little bit.…
And, now we notice a problem,…that the sleeve is actually in front,…so we can remedy that very simply.…We're going to delete this other sleeve so they're…both rotated in the same direction.…And to move this, we can actually right-click,…arrange and send to back, which is going to put…the sleeve behind everything.…So instead moving it over here through the layers panel,…we can actually move it here.…And now I'm going to reflect this back to the other side,…so, O to reflect, option click on the center line,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.