Learn how to draw the back view of a polo shirt.
- [Narrator] Alright, let's take care…of the back of the shirt now.…Let's zoom in to get closer to it.…Now, just like with the t-shirt, we want to go…into isolation mode before we do anything else.…So grabbing the black arrow, I'm going to double click…to enter isolation mode, and again everything's grayed out,…there's a gray bar on top and it said…Isolation Mode in the Layers panel.…The first thing we're going to do…is remove anything we don't need on the front.…And that's the placket.…And the reason I grouped it all together,…is so with one click, I can delete the whole thing.…
I don't need the front of the collar.…And now I can click on that, and delete that.…I also don't need the front of the shirt.…So I'm going to click and delete that.…And that's the reason we put the back of the shirt here…the way we did so that we could just delete the front.…Now I can click on the back and it needs to be white,…so I'll hit D for Default, to restore the color.…And the last thing we need to do…is just take a closer look here at the collar of the shirt.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.