Learn how to draw the back view of a button-down shirt.
- [Instructor] Now we can move on to the back of the shirt,…but before we do, it's important to go ahead and group…the entire front, just like we've been doing.…It helps clean up what's going on here,…but look what happened, again I forgot to unlock the collar,…So I'm going to ungroup this, command Z, unlock the collar,…and then select everything, and group it.…It's really important not to forget that collar.…And I'm going to go ahead and option drag this out of the way,…and now we can turn this into the back of the shirt.…
So, let's double click to enter isolation mode,…and we're going to start deleting the elements we don't need.…We don't need the placket, and here's why we grouped…it together, so one click removes it.…We do not need the yoke pieces,…because a back yoke looks different.…We do not need the front collar,…and we do not need the front of the shirt.…We don't need this little piece in here,…another reason we grouped it together.…So, now we've got this basic part of the back shirt…ready to go, we're going to hit D for default,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.