Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing the back view, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
Now let's create the back of the t- shirt by using the front of the t-shirt to…make a couple of changes.…Basically what needs to happen to this flat so that it looks like the back is…this area here needs to go away.…And the way we're going to do that is by using Pathfinder.…So we're going to start by opening the Pathfinder panel.…You go up to Window in the menu bar, drop down to Pathfinder and there it is.…The pathfinder we're going to be using is Unite, because what we're going to…do is unite this back piece here that we just made with the front bodice of the t-shirt.…
But before we can do that, we need to do something called going into Isolation mode.…Right now if I were to try and select one piece of this shirt, I would end up…selecting the entire shirt and that's because in the last video we grouped…the shirt together.…Now we can solve this by ungrouping it, which in this case wouldn't be that big…of a deal, except that as your illustrations get more complicated and detailed,…when you ungroup it, you sort of open a can of worms.…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.