Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing the back view of jeans, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
All right, let's do the back view of the jeans now.…We'll select the jeans we've completed, group them together and drag off a copy,…so we can work on the back.…We're going to, as usual, start by going into Isolation mode.…So we'll double-click on the jeans.…We need to remove anything that doesn't want to be on the back …and we'll start with stitches.…We don't need to see these stitches. We don't need to see these stitches.…We don't need to see the stitches inside the coin pocket, and we don't need the rivets.…
Let's zoom in a little closer so I can select the right things.…We don't need the rivets.…We're probably going to want to keep the belt loops in the back, so we'll go…ahead and leave them there.…We don't need the button or the buttonhole.…We don't need the j-stitching in the back.…We are going to need the center seam and we are going to need the crotch break…but it should be a little larger so we'll select it, hold the Alt key and drag…it just a little bit larger.…As far as the pockets go, just like with the trousers, we can't just delete them…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.