Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing the back view of the button down, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Let's move on to the back of the shirt.…I've gone ahead and added all the stitching the same way that we added the…stitching in the t-shirt to save time before you do the back.…Otherwise, you'll have to do it twice and again, that defeats the purpose.…So let's select the shirt, which we've already grouped, and I'm going to Alt+drag…to make a copy of it and just move it out of the way.…And again, this is a good time to fix the layers.…So I'm going to open my Layers panel and I'm going to double-click and call…this Shirt, spin open the layer.…The group that's selected, which is the one over here and it's my front, I will…name Front and the other one I'm going to name Back and now let's work on…the back of the shirt.…
The first thing we need to do is go into Isolation mode.…So double-click on it to go into isolation mode.…When you're working on the back of a shirt, the first thing you want to do is…remove anything that is not needed on the back of the shirt.…So if we take a look at this, what don't we need?…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.