Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing artwork vs. building artwork, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
So we know there is a tool inside of Illustrator called the Pen tool and the Pen…tool allows us to plot anchor points.…Remember there are two kinds of anchor points, corner anchor points and smooth…anchor points, and then by positioning these anchor points we can create these…paths to generate artwork inside of Illustrator.…But as we had discussed in the previous movie, we really don't want to focus on…anchor points at all. It's extremely technical and it doesn't allow us to focus…on the artwork that we're trying to create.…We really care more about the paths than we do about the anchor points, so…let's focus purely on the art that we want to create, by focusing on the paths themselves.…
In other words, let's draw visually instead of trying to understand about how…to position these arbitrary anchor points that seem to exist only in some…fantasy land, but not necessarily have anything to do with the artwork when printed out.…Let's take a look at this piece of artwork right here.…It's a lovely zebra here whose name is Mister Zee, and he looks great, but this…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.