Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing artwork in perspective, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
When you want to draw in perspective inside of Illustrator, you have to define a…perspective grid on the document that you're working on.…In this particular document, basically what I want to do is map something to…either this side, or this side of the building.…In order to do that, I am going to utilize a Two Point Perspective grid.…The first thing I have to do is turn the grid on, and I can do that by coming…over to the left, and clicking on the Perspective Grid tool.…Once I do that, the grid appears onscreen, and I'm able to start making changes to it.…I need to first zoom out though, so I can see the full grid.…
Once I do that, I'm able to change things, like the horizon line, and also the floor.…In this case, I think the floor is pretty close, but I need to drag it down just a little bit.…I want it to match the base of the building right there.…I also need to move the grid, so that the seam of the grid fits with the seam of the building.…So I'm going to use this handle here to drag over, and I will match it up like that.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.