- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
- My name is Von Glitschka and I love to draw. I've been drawing professionally for over 25 years. My work reflects a symbiotic relationship between design and illustration. I like to call it illustrative design. Often, a graphic problem requires an illustrative approach to solve it, be it a brand character design, an app icon, a promotional graphic, or a new logo design. Design is an amazing alchemy of images and text that can powerfully communicate ideas.
But developing and executing on those ideas requires an illustrative style that can be very challenging for a designer not adept at drawing. The key to success is developing a systematic creative process, starting with creative thinking and refining your drawing skills and ultimately, turning your ideas into precise vector graphics that can be used virtually anywhere. The approach and methods I share in this course will introduce you to illustrative design, making the creative task easier and more efficient.
Ultimately, helping you to produce a greater range of ideas in your own work.
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 48m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 2s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.