Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Design and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
- My name is Von Glitschka and I love to draw. I've been drawing professionally for over 25 years. My work reflects a symbiotic relationship between design and illustration. I like to call it illustrative design. Often, a graphic problem requires an illustrative approach to solve it, be it a brand character design, an app icon, a promotional graphic, or a new logo design. Design is an amazing alchemy of images and text that can powerfully communicate ideas.
But developing and executing on those ideas requires an illustrative style that can be very challenging for a designer not adept at drawing. The key to success is developing a systematic creative process, starting with creative thinking and refining your drawing skills and ultimately, turning your ideas into precise vector graphics that can be used virtually anywhere. The approach and methods I share in this course will introduce you to illustrative design, making the creative task easier and more efficient.
Ultimately, helping you to produce a greater range of ideas in your own work.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.