Drawing Vector Graphics
Join illustrative designer Von Glitschka as he deconstructs the creative process to teach you how to develop and create precise vector graphics. The course begins with an overview of his methodology for design and drawing—analog methods that are vital to digital workflows. Next, discover how to prepare yourself and your client for the project by defining the scope and expectations early on. With the creative brief ready and ideation explored, Von jumps into sketching, refining, and creating vector graphics through simple build methods. He continues to art direct the work and conducts digital and physical presentations of the final designs. The last chapter includes some workflow enhancements designed to save you time and conserve your creative energy for future projects.
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
- My name is Von Glitschka and I love to draw. I've been drawing professionally for over 25 years. My work reflects a symbiotic relationship between design and illustration. I like to call it illustrative design. Often, a graphic problem requires an illustrative approach to solve it. Be it a brand character design, an app icon, a promotional graphic, or a new logo design. Design is an amazing alchemy of images and text that can powerfully communicate ideas.
But developing and executing on those ideas requires an illustrative style that can be very challenging for a designer not adept at drawing. The key to success is developing a systematic creative proccess, starting with creative thinking and refining your drawing skills and ultimately, turning your ideas into precise vector graphics that can be used virtually anywhere. The approach and methods I share in this course will introduce you to illustrative design, making the creative task easier and more efficient.
Ultimately, helping you to produce a greater range of ideas in your own work.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Drawing Vector Graphics .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
- A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2015)1,670,807 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,871,101 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,545,810 Views