- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Von] Every industry has a variety of disciplines that exist within in, and graphic design is no different. You have creative direction, art direction, web development, web design, type design, illustration and many others who all work together to create compelling visual narratives. In this course, we're going to focus on icon design. We'll be diving into the details and methods of conceptualizing, styling and building effective visual communication through simplified iconic motifs.
You'll discover how basic drawing assists in guiding and developing iconic ideas, learn time-tested build methods, review aesthetic rules that will help you in crafting well designed icons, discover how to analyze form and shape so you can simplify it into effective motifs. Along with an assortment of other helpful, creative tactics and workflows that will demystify the creative process in crafting effective iconography that clarifies visual communication.
Welcome to Drawing Vector Graphics: Iconography. Let's get started.