- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Von] Every industry has a variety of disciplines that exist within in, and graphic design is no different. You have creative direction, art direction, web development, web design, type design, illustration and many others who all work together to create compelling visual narratives. In this course, we're going to focus on icon design. We'll be diving into the details and methods of conceptualizing, styling and building effective visual communication through simplified iconic motifs.
You'll discover how basic drawing assists in guiding and developing iconic ideas, learn time-tested build methods, review aesthetic rules that will help you in crafting well designed icons, discover how to analyze form and shape so you can simplify it into effective motifs. Along with an assortment of other helpful, creative tactics and workflows that will demystify the creative process in crafting effective iconography that clarifies visual communication.
Welcome to Drawing Vector Graphics: Iconography. Let's get started.
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka3h 59m Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.