Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Documenting your design with interactive instructions, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this chapter we're going to create…the graphic portion of the logo…inside Adobe Illustrator, which features…the silhouette of a spaceship cut…out of the planet Saturn.…We're going to start things off…by creating the spaceship itself,…which comprises five path outlines.…We have this modified ellipse up here at the top,…then we have these two rectangles,…as well as these hand drawn paths…that I created using the Pen tool.…So it's not all that hard,…but I want you to be able to follow along…with me exactly so that you get…the very same results I'm getting,…which is why over here in Photoshop…I've created these design instructions.…
I recommend you do this kind of thing as well.…Any time you create a logo,…you want to know exactly what went into it.…Now whether you decide to turn this…over to your client or not…is totally up to you.…You could do that if you like…so that in the future if they ever need…to either create another version of the logo…for some other purpose, or they need…to revamp the logo, they can,…or you can go ahead and keep the instructions…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.