Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Do you need a drawing tablet?, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
When talking to people about drawing inside of Illustrator one of the first…questions I get is, do I need to have a drawing tablet?…Now there is a company out there called Wacom which makes fantastic…pressure-sensitive tablets that work very well when using Illustrator.…However, it really depends on the kind of artwork that you are going to…create, and more importantly, it also depends on how much drawing you are going to be doing.…The Illustrator itself, from a utility perspective, can create tons of graphics…and Illustrator can also be used to create technical drawings and more drawings…that fit within a drafting realm.…
In that area, you really don't need to have a pen tablet in order to get your work done.…When you have an illustration like this for example like I have this Mister…Zee, and you are actually kind of looking to create something that has more…fluid motion inside of it, maybe these types of curves or this curve that we…have it here on the back of the zebra, you'll find that it can be very difficult…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.