Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Distorting and transforming objects, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Up until now, we have been performing some really basic and mundane…transformations on our artwork.…Now it's time to get a little bit more creative by utilizing some of…Illustrator's Distortion and Transformation tools. Let's take a look.…I have got a blank document open here and you can do that by simply going to the…File menu and choosing New and creating a document.…It doesn't matter how big or anything else, just a blank document will do.…And then we are going to draw some basic shapes that we can manipulate.…I am going to come over to the Shapes, click and hold and find the Star tool.…
In the Star tool, I am just going to click and draw out a star like this and I…will move it out on my artboard.…I am then going to hold down my Option or Alt key and click and drag out a duplicate.…Then I will hold down my Option or Alt key again and duplicate this one as well.…So now I have three stars out of my artboard.…Once I have my stars out there, I am going to select the first one here and I…will give it a nice color there, take the stroke away.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.