Learn about support for Apple Touch Bar and Microsoft Surface Dial.
- [Instructor] To wrap up this chapter, let's have a look…at the other enhancements, really around device support…for the 2018 release of Illustrator CC.…On the MacBook Pro with the Touch Bar,…you can use that for path selection, text selection,…image selection, multiple paths,…and multiple ranges of text, path and text combined,…group selection, the selection of various other objects,…and indeed to deselect things.…The Surface Dial, it has quite a lot going on for it.…
You can perform undos and redos there.…You can arrange things backwards and forwards…in the stacking order.…Zooming in and out, pretty straightforward,…and you can also navigate artboards.…There are some tools functions associated with the Dial…that are kind of cool.…So, for example, you could select the Rotate tool,…you could plot a pivot point on the selected object,…and then turn the dial to transform the artwork…around that reference point, and that does it…in intervals of five degrees.…
If you've ever used it,…you get some haptic feedback as you turn it,…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.