Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing a screen template for specific devices, part of Illustrator CC for Web Design: Wireframing.
- We've already talked a little bit about creating…your own responsive design template inside of our…Illustrator CC for Web Design Core Concepts course.…However, I'm gonna expand on that a little bit…and talk to you about how to target one specific device,…for let's say app development.…When you're inside of Illustrator and you…go to the file menu and choose new,…you have the ability to choose…from profiles up here at the top.…Chances are if you're developing for the web…you're gonna choose something like a web preset,…but if you're trying to target a specific…device for development purposes or front-end…development purposes you can choose devices.…
Inside of Illustrator there's a pretty big list of devices.…You have iPad Air, iPad MIni, iPhone 5S,…Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Fire HD, Fire HD 8.9,…Galaxy S5 and Surface Pro 2.…Now, this list obviously doesn't…have every single device in it.…So if you're trying to target a specific device,…like let's say the Google Nexus 6 or the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus…or maybe even something new like the Amazon Fire phone,…
Miss part one? Check out Illustrator CC for Web Design: Core Concepts.
- Choosing a color scheme
- Creating a layer structure
- Targeting specific devices
- Building a wireframe library
- Adding UI placeholders
- Assembling your wireframe
- Saving and versioning a wireframe