Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing a file-naming convention, part of Illustrator for Web Design: Wireframing.
- After you've created your wire frames…inside of Illustrator it's time to save them…and you wanna save them with a meaningful file name…so it's easy when you start to version out these things…as you make changes down the road…for you to identify exactly which versions…of the file you're dealing with.…So in this movie I'm gonna be…exploring file naming conventions…and how I actually label my files.…Now it's ultimately up to you how you name…your files when you're saving them.…There's no real do or don't when it comes to that,…but this is just what I use personally…and I wanna give you an idea of how that works.…So the first thing I'm gonna do…is go to the File menu and choose Save As here,…and I'll stick this in my Chapter 04 Exercise Files folder.…
And what I do up here at the top…is I give this a meaningful name.…So I'll name the project, I'll name the screen,…and then I'll name the version.…So project, screen, version is how I do this.…So you can think of it in terms of project,…and then you can do - and that would be screen…
Miss part one? Check out Illustrator CC for Web Design: Core Concepts.
- Choosing a color scheme
- Creating a layer structure
- Targeting specific devices
- Building a wireframe library
- Adding UI placeholders
- Assembling your wireframe
- Saving and versioning a wireframe
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley5h 27m Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design: Core Conceptswith Justin Seeley1h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Your Wireframe
2. Building a Wireframe Library
3. Assembling Your Wireframe
4. Saving and Versioning Your Wireframe
Versioning your projects6m 22s
Where to go from here1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.