- The history of magazine covers
- Choosing a cover image
- Making color and tonal adjustments to the image
- Placing and positioning the masthead
- Positioning, scaling, and cropping the cover image
- Creating a color palette
- Adding cover text
- Creating a peeling sticker effect
- Preparing for print
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Designing a Magazine Cover. In this course, we'll be looking at contemporary and historical examples of magazine covers. We'll identify the common parts of a magazine cover and their purpose. Using a fictitious example, we'll go through the steps of creating a magazine cover. From choosing and preparing the cover image, to adding the different cover elements, to preparing the file for print. So let's get started with Designing a Magazine Cover.
Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouchingwith Chris Orwig6h 4m Intermediate
1. An Overview of Magazine Cover Design
2. Planning the Cover
3. Creating the Cover in InDesign
4. Preparing for Print
5. Alternative Workflows: Photoshop
6. Alternative Workflows: Illustrator
Goodbye and next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.