- View Offline
- Observing different styles of calendars
- Installing and using the Calendar Wizard script for InDesign
- Placing and fitting images
- Adding text
- Working with grids and tables
- Creating the cover
- Preparing calendars for print
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Designing a Calendar. In this short course, we'll be using InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop to design three very different calendars. A conventional wall calendar, a circular calendar, and a compact calendar. Each of these mini-projects will bring up different design challenges. We'll be working with the Calendar Wizard script, circular gradients, and creating color palletes.
I'll show you a nifty way of making AutoNumber text move around the circle, and how we can squeeze 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days on a single page and have our calendar still be readable, functional, and attractive. By the time we've finished, you'll have three good-looking calendars to help you plan your next year. Let's get started.