Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping images with a mask, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
As you continue to work with raster-based images inside of Illustrator, you may…find the need to crop those images.…Unfortunately, there is no way to crop a bitmap graphic inside of Adobe…Illustrator. It's better to do this inside of Photoshop, or a raster-based…image editing program.…But if you need to keep this file in its entirety, and you wanted to simply…hide portions of it, you can do that inside of Illustrator by utilizing…something called a mask.…In this movie, I'll show you how to eliminate certain portions of your bitmap…graphics by utilizing a masking technique in Illustrator.…
In this document that I currently have open, you can see here that the image…overlaps the logo at the top, so I need to create some space right up here.…It's also a little close to my Courses button down here at the bottom.…So I actually want to just make a small selection of the middle of this.…I could take this image, and just drag it down by resizing it, like so, but once I…do that, it actually distorts the image, and I don't want that to happen.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.